Welcome to Ramsgate!
Ramsgate is now one of the safest holiday destinations in South South Africa and proudly welcomes all holiday visitors to its beautiful village and blue flag Beach!
The crime prevention cluster comprising of the South Africa Police Services, Ray Nkonyeni Municipal Protection Services and the Ramsgate Community Police Forum, are deployed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, throughout the holiday season. Additional resources are deployed to the beaches and coastal walkways and in the village and this year, special attention is being given to the strict enforcement of municipal bylaws. We invite all visitors to our village to enjoy the beach and tourist attractions of Ramsgate in a safe and responsible manner. Please adhere to our Municipal bylaws and take special note that Ramsgate is a fireworks free area. Our CPF SAPS is available on Whatsapp. For more information about crime, safety and security in our precinct, please contact Quinn Meecham – Operations Coordinator on 061 330 4145
VISITORS BE AWARE!
Visitors beware, Ramsgate is not crime free!
Records of reported crimes indicate that despite the increased level of policing, unsuspecting holiday makers are targeted by criminals presented by opportunity, the results of which regrettably skews our exemplary record of reported incidents.
RAY NKONYENI MUNICIPALITY NUISANCE BY-LAWS
The RNM Nuisance bylaws became effective on the 1st of January 2018.
The municipal bylaws are enforced, so please note that fines will incur if the bylaws are disobeyed.
The following are some of the contraventions in terms of the Ray Nkonyeni Municipality bylaws which are Provisions of section 57(5)(a) of the Criminal Act 51 of 1977:
- 5 (2) (i) Consumption of any liquor or be in a state of intoxication in a public place in not permitted – Fine R1000
- 8 (1) No person may in a public place cause or permit to be caused any disturbance or impairment of the convenience or peace of any person by shouting, screaming or making any other loud or persistent noise or sound, including amplifier noise or sound – Fine R500
- 8(3) (a) / (b) No person may cause or permit to be caused any disturbance or impairment of the convenience or peace of any person within the following times:
- From Sunday – Thursday, between 21h30 to 07h00; and,
- From Friday to Saturday, between 00h00 to 08h00.
- Fine – R500
REPORT FIREWORKS AND NOISE COMPLAINTS CALL 039 682 5555
- Lock up all portable valuables or keep it with you in the bedroom.
- Close all windows and ensure that security gates and doors are securely locked when you go to bed.
- When going out for the day, lock up and arm the alarm.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicles.
- Do not take valuables to the beach.
- Have a fully charged cell phone and sufficient airtime at all times.
- Lock all vacant rooms in the house and keep the keys with you.
- Do not leave your cell phone on the bedside table, put it out of site.
- Be vigilant when using ATMs, do not let strangers interfere with you while you use the ATM.
The Ramsgate CDF would like to offer a special thank you to all our donors, big and small, residential, business or holiday home owner, for your financial contributions during 2018 and to all our security companies who helped us in our fight against crime during 2018!
RAMSGATE CPF SAPS 24HR EMERGENCY NUMBER:
073 486 8683 Also available on whatsapp
Ramsgate Community Police Forum Office – above Popeye’s Pub, National road Landline: 039 314 9400 – Operations Coordinator: Quinn Meecham 061 330 4145
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
- Ramsgate CPF: 034 314 9400
- Margate Police Station: 039 312 9800
- Traffic Department: 039 682 5555
- Fire Department: 039 682 5555
- Private Ambulance: Netcare 911 082 911
- Provincial Ambulance: 039 688 3647
- Port Shepstone Provincial Hospital: 039 622 6000
- Margate Netcare Private Hospital: 039 317 7300
- SPCA Emergency: 083 222 6954
- NSRI Sea Rescue: 112/ 082 990 5950
- Wolf Security: 039 315 0999
- Maser Force Security: 039 315 7799
- Fidelity ADT: 0860 100 911
- National Security & Fire (Chubb): 039 312 7000
- Call Tow Towing: 061 416 0298
- Taxi Service – Louis: 071 442 4138
Designed and compiled by Quinn Meecham – December 2018. Download PDF